Pathya-Apathya for Obesity-
- Anna varga-PuranaShali(Old variety of Rice),Raktashali( Red variety of Rice)Shasthikashali(Rice harvested in 60 days),Yava(Barley),Chanaka(Chickpea) ,Kulatha(Horsegram)
- Jalavarga-ShrutaSheetaJala(LukeWarm Water)PanchkolashrutaJala(Water with Panchakola)Shunti siddha jala ( Ginger Water)
- Madyavarga-PuranaSidhu( Old Wine)
- Mutravarga-Gomutra (Cow’s Urine)
- Kanda varga-Lasuna(Garlic) ,Ardraka ( Wet Ginger ) ,Sunthi ( Dry Ginger)
- Ksheeravarga- Takra ( Buttermilk)
- Shakavarga- Patola(Bottlegourd) ,Karavellaka ( Bitter gourd) ,Varthaka (Brinjal)Nimbapatra(Neem leaves) ,Shigru ( Drum Stick)
- Mamsavarga-JangalaMamsa (Forest meat)
- Regular exercise
- Yoga and pranayama
- Light food intake
- Most of the vegetables are good to reduce the formation of Kapha as well Ama, so it always consumed warm and along with some spices
ApathyaAhara and Vihar (Don’ts)
- Anna varga- Navanna (New variety of Rice)Sreeharsha.
- Masha (Black gram)
- Taila Oil
- Jalavarga-DushitaJala( Polluted water) SheetaJala ( Cold water)
- Madyavarga-NutanaMadya(New Wine)
- Kanda varga- Aluka (Potato)
- Ksheeravarga–Dadhi( Curd),Ksheera (Apakva) Milk
- Mamsavarga-AnupaMamsa(Marshyland Animal meat)
- Diwaswap (Day sleeping)
- Ratrijagaran(Night awaking)
- Avoid Ahara having Guru Snigdha, Ati Drava, Picchila and AbhishyandiGunatmaka
- Excess consumption of food is called as AthiMatraAharaSevana. So it is avoided .
- Avoid excessive water intake after consuming food as it slow down the process of digestion.
- Dairy products, oily food items, salty and sour food articles should be avoided.
This treatment helps mobilize the accumulated fat resulting in weight loss; Ayurvedic remedies for weight loss, home remedies and specific diet programs prevent further accumulation of fat in the body.